Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Celebrating with a Bang!

To continue with our celebration of the 4th, Will and I headed over to a co-worker's house to enjoy some delicious grilled food and of course... fireworks! Kim and her husband went big and bought a ton of fireworks to set off after dinner. It reminded me of many summers in PA while growing up when my Dad would drive us over to Ohio to pick up some of our own firecrackers. :-) I think the little bit of a danger factor that comes with fireworks at home makes them much more exciting!
The 4th was also my holiday to work, so I spent half of the say at the VA. Which, I guess, is pretty appropriate! Serving our Vet's on the holiday!

This weekend I also tried out Kath Eat's Oatmeal in a Jar. I had been waiting to get to the bottom of my jar of almond butter just so I could have this for breakfast! Yum!
To the last dregs of almond butter in this jar I added my usual combo:
-1/2 cup oats
-1/4 cup yogurt
-1/4 skim milk
-A dash of honey
-A peach
-1/4 cup blueberries
"Fridge" it overnight, pull it out in the AM and enjoy! I so can't wait to finish my next jar of nut butter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment