Friday, July 22, 2011

Dinner in a Bowl!

Sometimes, I like to mix it up a bit - eating dinner on a plate all the time is just... boring. Sometimes, I'm just too tired and starved to make a divided protein + veggie+ starch meal. So, I end up eating many dinners like this one. Step one: open fridge. Step two: Randomly grab assorted leftovers. Step three: Throw random leftovers into a pan, saute with a little butter/oil, season, top with cheese (definitely a necessity!). Step four: devour! Here's what my fridge created the other evening.
Contents of this bowl...
-Sauteed zucchini
-Cooked corn off the cob
-Sauteed halved cherry or grape (is there a difference??) tomatoes
-Drained and rinsed black beans
-Salt and Peppa
-Shredded Cheese!!! (Seriously, no meal is complete without it.)

So delicious!
Afterwards, since I wasn't feeling quite satisfied (and I felt I needed to placate my sweet tooth!), I mixed up this:
-1 ripe peach
-1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
-Sprinkle of ground flax seed
-Dash of honey

Yum!! So, there you go. I admit that I am pretty lazy in the kitchen most of the week. It's just tough on days that I've worked all day and then gone to running group. By the time I get home, I'm about ready to either pass out on the couch or eat my arm I'm so hungry!! Haha. I just wish there was an easier way to convince my patients that healthy meals can be prepared at home quickly - the drive-thru is not the only solution!!

In other news, that aforementioned running group has been keeping me pretty sore (a good thing!). As some of the group walks during intervals, my friend Emily and I have been doing "drills" (ie. torture, haha). Drills consist of things things like jogging while picking your knees up as high as they go, or jogging backwards, or lunges, bunny hops, etc. Goodness! It's good though, that soreness reminds me I'm building muscle and getting a good work out!

I'm so happy it's Friday!!! I'm looking forward to some R&R!

No comments:

Post a Comment