Friday, July 8, 2011

T.G.I.F!!

It's 10 AM on Friday and I'm... writing patient notes blogging! That's right! I've got the day off today and I am so loving it. I got to sleep in for the first time in what feels like ages. The best part of the weekend? I get to dive into this stack of books I scored at the library the other night! :-)

I already finished the little guy on top. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris is a cute little collection of short stories about animals. Kind of like children's stories but grown up a bit as the animals act as if they are functioning human adults dealing with problems in their marriage, or inter-species dating, or getting a miser as your secret Santa at Christmas (lol). I think one of my favorites is the one about a husband/wife duo of migrating warblers who complain about the locals as they vacation in Guatemala for the winter. None of the stories quite ends as I would predict, which made it a really fun little read!

So, you want to know what I learned to make at home this week? Iced coffee!!! One time I opened Will's fridge and saw that he had been keeping some coffee chilled in there. Ever since, I've been making a little extra in the morning and chilling it during the day. Then, I make one of these when I come home from work! So delicious!! Plus, it should save me a few bucks because indulging in Starbucks iced coffee frequently is a dangerous habit for my bank account!
Iced Coffee (to rival the stuff you get at Starbucks!):
-Toss a few ice cubes into a tall glass
-Fill glass halfway with chilled brewed coffee
-Add 2 tbsp(ish) Half-and-Half
-Add 1/4(ish) cup skim milk
-Add a few drops of honey and/or vanilla
-Sprinkle with cinnamon
Stir together well. Then kick off your shoes, settle down on your couch, and enjoy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment