Friday, October 7, 2011

Death Cab for Cutie... in Memphis!

I've been looking forward to this concert for a few weeks. Death Cab has been one of my favorites since my first year of college. They tend to be a little dark lyrically perhaps at times, but their melodies make it worthwhile. They played at the Mud Island Ampitheater which may be one of my favorite venues! It's outdoors with the stage right on the riverside. Love. Will and I biked and then took the footbridge over the river to reach the stage - which meant lovely views along the way.
The bridge in the background leads to Arkansas.

"How I wish you could see the potential; the potential for you and me. It's a book elegantly bound but, in a language that you can't read. Just yet. You gotta spend some time Love, you've gotta spend some time with me. And I know that you'll find, Love. I will possess your heart." ~ "I Will Possess Your Heart" on Narrow Stairs
Telekinetics opened for Death Cab. The guy on the far right looks exactly like Charlie from "It's Always Sunny"!
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map. No more airplanes, or speed trains, or freeways; there'd be no distance that could hold us back." ~"The New Year" on Trasatlanticism

"If I could open my arms, and span the length of the isle of Manhattan. I'd bring it to where you are, making a lake of the East River and Hudson." ~"Marching Bands of Manhattan" on Plans 
"The glove compartment is inaccurately named, and everybody knows it. So I'm proposing a swift orderly change. Cause behind it's door there's nothing to keep my fingers warm; and all I find are souveniers of better times..." ~"Title and Registration" on Transatlanticism

No comments:

Post a Comment