Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Explosion!

This is embarrassing. Really embarrassing. But since embarrassing is something that happens to me often... I thought I'd share! So, this morning I was mixing up a pumpkin smoothie in my blender and since I put peanut butter in it, I sometimes have to scrape off the sides to get it to blend in with the rest. I know one of the cardinal rules of using the blender is to never take the lid off while it is on... but I had gotten away with it before! So, this morning, I was using my spoon to scrape down the sides when I dropped it. Eeek! All of the sudden pumpkin smoothie was flying everywhere!!! It splashed all over the counter, up the wall, and even a bit flew onto the ceiling in my kitchen! LOL! Talk about a wake up call!!! By some crazy miracle, I managed to not get any on my clothes. Whew! If only I had a picture to capture my face in that moment. I felt so ridiculous that I had seriously just let that happen!! Lol.
After work snack! :-)
For the potluck at work, I made the pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing. I remember Lydia's mom making them in college and they were so delicious! The icing on mine ended up being just a little um... chunky? I have yet to invest in a mixer and thought I could get away with mixing it up by hand. Yeah right. I used Will's mixer in the morning to try to break up the bits which helped a little. Mentally taking note for next time! They still turned out being pretty tasty though. I used this recipe --> Pumpkin Bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment