Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend Recap: Filled with Food, Art, and... Zombies!

Howdy y'all! I'm seriously so excited that it is finally beginning to feel like fall here. Yipee! Now I can drink pumpkin spice lattes and eat hot oatmeal without breaking into a sweat! :-) One thing I am really missing though is the fantastic fall foliage that this season brings back home... Memphis can be pretty in it's own way, but it's just not the same. I'll just have to be content with all the fun fall pins on Pinterest for now! Anyways, here's a glimpse of my weekend!
-After a long week at work, I was craving some Mexican... and a margarita! Will and I headed to Molly's again. It just might be the best Mexican in town. Their black beans are freakin' fantastic! Yummy!!!
So much foood!!!
-Afterwards, we (I mean mostly Will) helped our friends Tanecia and Sandeep (basically our only friends in Memphis!) move some of the larger things out of their apartment. They left for Little Rock yesterday. :-( We'll have to go visit sometime!
-Saturday I had that epic 11 mile run around town with StarRunners and afterwards met Will at the farmer's market to shop. Next week is the last market of the season... so sad!
-That afternoon, we strolled around the River Arts Fest that lined the street right outside my apartment building. The best part was the booths they had set up where you could watch artists at work. At some point in life I really want to take a community college art class.


-Afterwards, we were hungry. So, we headed to Trolley Stop for some slices of pizza! Sun-dried tomatoes for me - artichokes for Will. :-)
-Saturday evening we went to a small theater in town to see the play, Look Away! A Civil War Zombie Tragedy. That's right - it was a play about zombies! I am not a big fan of horror movies or haunted houses, so I was bit skeptical when Will suggested it. However, it turned out to be pretty entertaining! I managed to jump only a few times!
-Sunday was a pretty chill day. That eleven miler really tired me out. So much so that I had to take a nap today even though I had slept in! This afternoon, I got to talk with some of my favorite people: Dean, Charis, and Lydia! As much as I tell myself that I hate talking on the phone, I am always filled with such warm feelings when I finally do get to catch up, even if it is over the phone. :-)
This week is shaping up to be a busy one as usual! The new intern class starts tomorrow which means there is a potluck to cook for in the near future - I'm thinking a pumpkin dish would be nice...

1 comment:

  1. I missed River Arts Fest! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete