Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Recap

After all the fun times I had with my friends in town last weekend, we decided to just relax the last few days. Which was much needed! So, other than my long run we didn't do a whole lot other than do some grocery shopping, watch a few movies, and try out this new little church dowtown this morning. Earlier this week, I finished Tina Fey's book Bossypants. I had been waiting to get my hands on this book for so long! Although, it wasn't quite the funny/inspirational book I had hoped for, it was a fun read. It was actually an autobiography of growing up and her career path from a travelling improv group, to SNL (no one will ever forget those Sarah Palin skits!), to producing her own show 30 Rock. I hadn't fully realized how much of a pioneer for women in comedy she and Amy Poehler have been. Before they came along, it would seem that women were left to only flat, cookie-cutter roles. This morning, I started The Monster of Florence by Douglas Prestor which is the next book on the agenda for book club. It's pretty intense! This work week will likely be a busy one. I've got a few presentations coming up as well as the quarterly department newsletter to edit. Plus, the new dietetic intern class will be starting in just a few weeks so I am trying to gear up for that as I will be able to act as a preceptor this time. Eek! I'm getting nervous!

1 comment:

  1. do you know that as many times as i have checked that book out to patrons that i have only recently realized that she has MAN HANDS on the cover?!

    ReplyDelete