Sunday, October 2, 2011

Back to Routine

Weekends get-aways are awesome. Week-afters - not so awesome... I'm kidding, it hasn't been so bad! I've just been feeling in a bit of a funk since I went back to work after being home -trying to get up-to-speed on the new patients on my ward after a couple of days off, restocking my fridge again, failing to blog (oops!), you know the drill. Now, I think things are relatively back to normal. It has been a busy month of weddings and travel!
This weekend was pretty laid back (which was much needed!). Friday we headed over to Rizzo's, a new restaurant that opened down the street from my apartment. We know the owner from volunteering at the farmer's market so we thought we'd support him. The meal was tasty! I tried that stuffed avocado salad which was a great combo of sweet, spicy, and creamy.
Hummus, polenta, ricotta appetizer. Yummy!
Afterwards, we went to see that new movie with Seth Rogen and Joseph Gorden-Levitt. It was so good! Definitely a tear-jerker, but Seth Rogen highlights the movie with a bit of comedy that makes it worth watching.
Yesterday, I went on a 6-mile long run with my running group and then headed to the farmer's market for shopping and pet-sitting. :-) Later in the afternoon, Will and I headed to the bike trail in town called the "green-line" where they were having block parties to celebrate their 1-year anniversary. There was great live music, superb weather, and lots of bikers!
Awkward photo... haha. 
For dinner that night, we cooked up some BBQ catfish and macaroni and cheese. A classic Southern-style meal. Will had picked up this BBQ dry rub and sauce from Central last week. I'm beginning to appreciate BBQ! In the macaroni, we threw in some market mustard greens (greens are back, yay!) and tomatoes. Mmm-mmm!
Mac'n cheese and BBQ = best friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment