Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ahh... Summer-Time

This weekend, Will and I took the time to enjoy some of the things that truly make summer great...
-Chilling at the pool side. (We both ended up getting a little pink. Oops!)
-Drive-In movie!!! The Malco was showing X-men so we drove my Patriot over to enjoy the show. Only, next time I am definitely bringing bug spray! The mosquitoes kept wandering in our open windows and feasting on me. :-/
Pumped for X-men!
-Ice cream at YoLo (of course!). I indulged in espresso - white chocolate mousse swirl. It was delish!
-Blueberries have arrived at the Memphis Farmer's Market! Woot! I just sprinkled some on Greek yogurt with a bit of dark chocolate for dessert after dinner tonight. Yum.
-June Bugs and Juleps! Will found this fun event in the Memphis Flyer on Wednesday. A local Victorian home/museum was open for the evening - offering art, refreshments, and of course, mint juleps! We met a few characters and some sweet older women who were docents at the mansion. It made for an evening that was out-of-the-ordinary, but in a good way. :-)
Looking like he owns the place! :-)
-This morning I woke up with a hankerin' for pancakes so we headed across the street to The Arcade for breakfast. The sweet potato pancakes were definitely worth crossing the road for! I even tried to play it like a true Southern gal and ordered grits as my side.


Hope y'all had a great weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment