Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Since, it's Dad's day, I thought I would share a few things that my Dad has taught me over the years... 
1.) You can do anything if you put your mind to it.
2.) Have faith in God.
3.) Practice an attitude of gratitude.
4.) Don't let what other say get you down. They're just jealous of you. (Haha!)
5.) God has a perfect plan for your life.
6.) How to check the oil and transmission fluid levels as well as general maintenance or "clunker car" care. :-)
7.) Just figure it out. (I used to hate being told this! Now I'm realizing that it was an invaluable lesson as I've become an adult. I've had to already do many things on my own like student loan paperwork, buying a cell phone plan, filing taxes, and general mundane life skills.)
8.) An immense love for (good!) coffee. :-)
9.) An appreciation for antiques.
10.) Patience. Patience, patience, patience!
11.) It is possible to make cowboy boots look cool anytime of the year, anywhere in the country (even in the Northeast!)
Love you Dad!!! Doing it all on your own was never easy I'm sure, but you managed - and I think we turned out OK. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment