Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ramblings...

I just made this for last night for dinner for Will and I. We paired it with this interestingly tasty Indian beer. Yum. It all came together much better than I had imagined it would! I scrambled some eggs then topped them with chopped heirloom tomatoes from the farmers market, a sprinkle of feta cheese, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and diced basil leaves from my very own plant. :-)


My little basil is growing up so fast!
 On Tuesday I sacrificed this Dove dark chocolate bunny that had been hibernating in my fridge since Easter to make some chocolate chunk cookies. They are soooo good! They're even technically "healthy" since there are healthy antioxidants in the dark chocolate and I used whole wheat flour for the starch. Right? I like to believe so. ;-)
When two dietitians put their heads together, we know how to make a colorful meal! This one we had on Sunday. It consisted of roasted beets with feta and balsamic vinegar, white beans and salsa, shredded roasted brussel sprouts, and mashed sweet potatoes.We even managed to follow the "healthy plate model" that I am always telling the vets about at work, "Fill 1/2 your plate with non-starchy vegetables, 1/4 with protein, and 1/4 with starch...".

Yesterday, one of my favorite blogs, eatliverun.com, featured a post on the trials of moving. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I will find friends here in Memphis, despite the fact that I'm a Northerner.
Something I am getting pretty excited about starting at work is that my office mate and I will be coaching the "expert" (eek!) running group for this employee fitness program they are starting at work. I in no way feel like an expert runner but I think it could be a fun activity! We are supposed to help people train for their first 5K. It will give me an opportunity to get back into running more religiously too!

No comments:

Post a Comment