Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Good Reads and Good Food

I've just been on a roll with reading books lately! I think I'm now trying to make up for all those years of college that I missed out on reading "just-for-the-fun-of-it". The other night I finished Rescue by Anita Shreve. The reason this one really hooked me was that the father/daughter bond portrayed was so touching. The mother is forced to leave and the father is left to raise the daughter on his own. As you can imagine, I found a lot I could relate to.

 Last night, Will made some fantastic fish tacos! (I'm so lucky to have hooked such a good cook.) I traded a fish taco for a can of coconut milk I had hiding away in one of my cabinets and had not yet gotten around to using. It was so worth the trade! Plus, one of the other great things about these tacos is that they were probably almost 100% local (other than the corn tortillas and spices!). I've realized that now that Will has inspired me to be even more proactive about making the most of the Farmer's Market is that I think almost 75% of my diet was purchased locally. He's still working to convince me to start buying local, raw milk and I'm almost about to take the plunge...
So delicious!
Last night I made a trip to the library to stock up again! :-) Since I still have yet to invest in a DVD player or.. well, make many friends here, I've got a lot of free time to read!
More books, yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment