Saturday, June 18, 2011

Loot from the MFM

Saturday mornings may have become my favorite part of the week. Today, I was excited to make it in time to get a big quart of blackberries (yum!), as well as some juicy, succulent plums. Plus, peaches are in season here already! I love peaches!!! Back home in PA, I remember having to wait until August! I took a picture when I got home of all the fun fruits and veggies I scored this week.
So colorful! :-) :-)
After shopping, I headed back to the market for my weekly shift at the pet sitting tent. I think my favorite pup of the week was this cheeky little Pomeranian named "Chewbacka" or "Chewy". So much fun! After saying goodbye to the last pup and picking up our tent, I went home to start in on some of my MFM loot for lunch. :-)
Here I toasted bread with some mozzarella cheese and topped with lettuce and some orange tomato slices from one of my favorite vendors, Micmak farms. (They recognize Will and I now and are such a cute and friendly family!!) And honestly, their tomatoes are like candy. Mmm... Alongside my toast, I had some carrots and cauliflower dipped in hummus and one of those delicious plums I was so delighted to find this AM! Now, that's some tasty loot - argh matey!

No comments:

Post a Comment