Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mood Matching Music

There's something indescribable about how certain music can sort of stir things up inside of you... (or is it just me??) After work today, I went to this Memphis District Dietetic Association (MDDA) "Spring Event" for a lot of the RDs in the area. It's kind of a tough crowd for an outsider like me to break in to. All the other ladies are loyal locals so (other than Will), I feel like the only one who isn't best friends with at least 6 other people there! Oh well. I just have to keep reminding myself to be patient. Be pleasant and friendly, and friends will finally be made(?). Anyways, back to the music reference I started this post with... After the "spring fling" the Faded Paper Figure's song "North by North" came up on Pandora. The lyrics from the chorus were just what I needed to hear "You said a long long time ago; you were happy being someone; Let's go far far far from home; I'll be glad to be with someone". I was definitely happy to have finally accomplished all I had originally set out to do after finishing school and finally landing my first RD job. Then I moved, and I realized Memphis is far, far, far from home. :-/ Yet, I am determined to make it home eventually though! I am afraid with all of sounding like I really hate it here! It's not true - at times, I feel like my Southern ignorance is a bit comical. Haha. Plus, every day I am glad to be here with a certain someone too. :-) Having Will, one of my closest friends here has really made this whole transition a lot easier!
That's a Long Way!!!
Wow! I didn't mean to make this post so personal-like! Oops. So, on a comical note before I sign off... I have been covering my office-mates floors the last couple of days since she's been off. One of her wards happens to be the psych ward. It's one of those places you kind of have to kind of mentally prepare yourself for... Anyways, they all hang out together in the lobby and you just have to stand and yell for your "man". Haha. As I was calling my patient's name out one of the others responded with, "Hey Doc, can I call you Dr. Ample Bosoms?". Ummm... (You talking to me?!)  Let's just say, it's a good thing he was a little crazy already! Never a dull day at the VA! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment